Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sore Feet and Gum

Since my last post, i've been constantly on the move looking for things for my new place and trying to find as much 2nd hand items as possible. If anyone tells you moving and furnishing a place from scratch isn't stressful, please send them over to me so i can conduct an interview. Don't get me wrong, it is pretty fun having to choose stuff for a place you're going to live in as opposed to just having to put up with what someone else has chosen. But it is also really stressful. Coupled with the fact that we started doing this pretty much straight after exams, i haven't had much time to rest. My feet are currently killing me and i could do with a really good massage right now. On Tuesday, Cookie was kind enough to come help us out while we moved some of our things to the new place and also while we bought items from Woolies and Reject Shop.

These days, i pretty much fall asleep once i hit the sheets. Tomorrow is going to be another early day for me because i have to dis-member my bed for the removalists to come take it to the new place and then put it all back again. I'm also moving finally tomorrow, which means lots of cleaning and packing tonight. Unfortunately for me, the internet at the new place won't be ready until the middle of next week or Friday by the latest and that sucks because it means that i won't be able to read any of my favourite blogs until then.

As for plans after moving, i honestly don't have any. Moving is expensive business and after everything, i plan on staying indoors as much as possible to minimise any possible expenses as all the places i applied for a job didn't offer me any. I think some time at home would give me a chance to dig in deeper and find a creative and cost-free way to keep myself entertained. What have you all been up to?

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! But after all the moving, you can relax and have fun! I like to stay in instead of going out too because once you're out, you always end up spending money and it's wasteful. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments