Monday, March 28, 2011

The Luxury Of A Good Night's Rest

I haven't had the luxury of a proper night's sleep and i'm really looking forward to it. I had my presentation today and my weekly test; both went awesome and i'm so happy about that. Now that i've got those out of the way, i've got a 6 page group essay due Wednesday at 12pm and the rush is on to get that sorted and done. But that's the main problem with group assignments, it's pretty difficult to control what the other members of your team are doing.

We're a group of 4 and i can say that 3 of us seem to be on track. I've received all the necessary bits from 2 of my group members, done my part that needs to be included in the executive summary. All i really need to do is read through all the documents i've done and collate them in a sensible manner to yield a 6 page summary. The only problem with that is one member of the group seems to be AWOL. He hasn't replied any of our e-mails, nor has he sent his part to me to proof read and include in the essay. Being that we're getting a group mark, this worries me a lot because i feel like our score is going to be compromised by his non-chalant attitude.

Good news is that we've kept copies of all the e-mails we've exchanged, minutes of the group meeting we had and also all the information regarding how the work is meant to be split amongst the four of us. If he hasn't pulled his weight by the time of hand in, we have no option than to file a report. I'm personally not willing to do his part of the work because i already have more responsibilities than the rest of the group. This leaves the other 2 to decide if they want to split the work amongst themselves. I thought by the time people got into final year, they'd take uni more seriously instead of giving priority to getting drunk at the pub when everyone else is relying on you to do your work.

Oh well, that was quite a rant on my side. I really need a good sleep tonight because i have a lot to do tomorrow; a test and this essay/summary. I'm hoping i'd be able to sleep at least 6 hours so i can wake up a bit refreshed. I spent the bulk of my day in the library studying and doing my assignment, so right now, my brain can't seem to handle anymore information :(

I hope you all are having a good Monday so far. To my fellow Aussies, it's almost bed time right? Do have a good one everybody and speak soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments