Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Step At A Time

As the days go by, or should i say as i get a little bit younger, i'm learning that one step at a time works much better. I'm one of those people who need to see a result within 2 weeks in order to keep my motivation going. I lost interest way too quickly and i have a very short attention span, i also get irritated at the speed of light when i find that all the effort i put into something has turned out fruitless. I currently can't think of anything more infuriating than that. I guess that's the best part of being a student; when you study really well (not necessarily hard) for an assessment, you end up with good results.

My knees popped out of their socket on 2 different days this week so i haven't been able to work out as much as i'd love to. Let me just say that i absolutely hate working out, i would eat spinach for the rest of my life if it meant that i didn't have to work out. But i do it because i know my body needs it and because it's another way to stay healthy without any medications. My right knee is currently still sore so i can't really do much until next week hopefully.

Having PCOS has taught me to be much more patient i think. I remember when i was in England and went to the gym religiously whilst working with a personal trainer and dietitian only to lose 2 pounds at the end of the year. I immediately cancelled my gym contract and that was it. Now i'm just learning that it's all slowly but surely, my world certainly won't end if the numbers on the scale doesn't reduce. I'm trying to accept the here and now and just deal with it one day at a time. Sure, i have my days where i'm beyond down and it would take aliens to get me back in the groove, but i guess that's just another part of life.

Now i'm trying to go by the mantra of 'One day at a time'. One workout at a time. One issue at a time, all in a day's work. So everyday this week, i've been doing my best to put a smile on my face and go about my daily innings and i have to say it's kind of worked. Of course, sometimes i've had to force myself to smile but you know what they say 'fake it till you make it'. And even though i've been wearing the same thing i always wear which mainly consists of something black, i've gotten more compliments this week than i have since the beginning of the year. Go figure!!!!!!!!

Right now, my head and eyes hurt from studying. I have 5 assessments next week within the space of 4 days but after that i have a 2 week break from uni and all i need to do during the break would be attend group meetings for the remaining assessments we have after the break. And if my knee doesn't feel better by Thursday, i might have to go see a doctor (i hate going because he already knows me by my first name!)

Happy Saturday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments