Tuesday, July 28, 2009

MAC Colour Craft

MAC Australia has come out with a new collection aptly named Colour Craft. With the whole economy living a life of its own and days becoming more emotionally gloomy for people around the world, there's enough colour in this collection to brighten the day for those cosmetic users. And if you're looking for an excuse to splurge on this collection, i have one for you: spending helps the economy because the only way we're going to get out of a recession is if there's a flow of income from households into the economy and back again. I'm pretty sure my economics teachers would be proud of me because this is the second time today i'm relating economics to a consumer good.
Anyway, this collection consists of 6 mineralize eye shadows (quad), 6 marbelized lipglasses, 6 lipsticks, 3 mineralize skinfinish (trio) which can be used either as a highlighter or a cheek blush and 6 mineralize blushes. From the colour swatches that i can see online, i feel like much thought hasn't been given to this collection and maybe it was a bit hurried? I'm not excited about it and i don't for one minute feel like there was anything new on their part. The blushes seem like colours from one of their previous collections while the mineralize skinfinish and the eye shadows feel like deja vu to me. But the most uninspiring one for me are the marbelized lipglasses; my interpretation of the descriptions they've given on their site means that there's 3 different shades of the same colour in each lipglass. To me, this feels like they're trying to remix what Estee Lauder already did for their Chocolate Decadence collection where they have 2 different lipglosses with 3 complementary shades in them. I have to say i expected better from MAC and they've been slowly disappointing me. If this was a Bobbi Brown collection, then i'd be impressed but MAC used to go all out and blow my imagination but they're going through a phase right now i think. I can't see myself shelling out any amount for this collection.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments