Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Simplest Things Matter The Most.

For the last week or so, i've been sleeping on an air bed in a 3 bedroom house that had no lick of furniture. It was absolutely empty and every sound echoed throughout the house so easily. Even when my parents called, they said they could hear my voice echoing in the background which i thought was quite funny. But it made me appreciate the most simple things in life.

I remember my first time sleeping on bare concrete floor for a couple of days. I was about 9 or 10 and my grandfather had just died. Being that my dad's the eldest son of his father - eventhough they never really spoke - it fell to him to give his dad a royal and chiefly burial as both my parents come from a royal lineage. This meant that our house in the village had to be built extra quick and we had to stay in the village for about 3 weeks while the burial festivities were carried out. Since there was no furniture in the house at the time, my dad suggested I go stay with my gran while waiting for the furniture to arrive but i couldn't bear the thought of being separated from my parents as i'm forever asking questions. So I opted to stay in the house with them and sleep on the floor.

Thinking back now, it was a good experience because it taught me to adapt to whatever situation i'm in. Lets face it, i'm a luxury girl at heart and if I have my way all the time, i'll be a high class bitch with the ability to speak at least 5 foreign languages and be as educated as i possibly can whilst having french manicured nails! They say life is what you make of it and that you're only limited by your imagination; i happen to be a day dreamer and i'm pretty good at having very vivid imaginations with all the details down to the "i's" and "t's". So i still believe that i'll get to that place that i dream of no matter how long it takes.

But back to my story, i've just moved into my new temporary place and it's got....wait for it......A MATTRESS!!! It's also got furniture and tv, sheesh, no more ground kissing for me or hours spent standing because i need to use my laptop. My air bed has been safely tucked away and though we've had a short affaire, i plan on keeping it that way.

All in all, love what you have and want what you love. It might not be what you really want, but you've got it at the moment so love it anyway and keep believing and having faith that you'll get what you want.

Source: Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments